1987 Prevost La Mirage XL 40’ Country Coach SOLD
This 1987 Prevost La Mirage XL 40’ Country Coach Conversion is located in Baton Rouge, Louisianna. Desirable side aisle floor plan. Great bus for entertaining as it has a U-shaped leather sofa with table that converts to a queen bed. Beautiful hardwood throughout cabin. Extensive restoration completed in August of 2012 with complete photo book and receipts totaling over $80,000. Interior restoration with many new upgrades:
- New remote control massaging pilot and co-pilot seats,
- Remote control sun shades,
- Kitchen center, faucets, and insta-hot dispenser.
- All electronics upgraded
- King Dome In-Motion HD satellite system,
- Flat screen TVs (2 inside and a 40” outside),
- Navigation system with color back up camera,
- 3 stereo systems.
- New “custom” paint job using all Du Pont products.
- New tires,
- New suspension air bags,
- New shocks,
- New drive axle and tag axle hub seals,
- New air supply hoses,
- New air distribution valves, and all level control valves and isolation solenoid valves.
- Replaced all air brake chambers, brake hoses, 2 drums (the rest were turned), and new or relined shoes.
- All electrical transfer switches were replaced with new original or upgraded.
- Aux. air compressor, dual water pumps, macerator pump, and surge tank were replaced along with many more items to numerous to list.
- 8V92 Detroit engine paired with an Allison automatic transmission. 115,961 miles on engine and chassis.
- 13kw Isuzu generator with 4993 hours.
- All engine and generator belts and radiator hoses were replaced.
- New dash AC compressor, expansion valve, and drier.
- Original converters and inverter work fine.
- Bus has been warehouse kept since the late 90’s. The bus has only been used for local tailgating parties and entertaining since restoration (only about 1500 miles). There are some things that will need to be replaced, such as, all the 12 volt domestic batteries and the belt sheave on the 24 volt alternator (worn). There is some exterior panel damage (see pictures). Bus is being sold as is where is from the warehouse by the estate of the late owner.